King Kong Company Buzzers Bursery terms and conditions
OCTOBER 25, 2016 by KKC
This is what you might call the small print. The really annoying details that need to be included to make sure all is fair in the Buzzers Bursary! Good luck to everyone who enters.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for updates on the Buzzers Bursary.
- The Buzzars Bursary is open to anyone to enter aged at least 18 years of age on November 1st 2016
- We will accept entries from outside of Ireland
- If we pick you as a winner, we may ask for proof you are aged 18 years or over by showing us your passport or drivers license. We won’t acept other forms of ID.
- By entering the Buzzers Bursay you agree to abide by the terms and conditions listed here
- To enter you must download the stems from this blog post and create your own track
- When your remix is complete please email us a link to the track email@example.com before midnight on January 1st 2017
- Please do not email us MP3 or WAV files as we will not open them)
- The track can be hosted anywhere (Soundcloud, YouTube, Mixcloud, Dropbox, Google Drive), however the track must have been uploaded between November 1st 2016 and Jan 1st 2017 and an email to the above email address must reach us by midnight on Jan 1st, 2017.
- All times and dates are Irish, so if you’re sending anything from abroad make sure to get it to us in time
- You do not have to remix both tracks, you can remix just one track
- We will accept more than one remix of each track as valid entries
- King Kong Company cannot be held responsible for tracks that do not reach us in time, for emails that do not reach us, for tracks that get removed from 3rd party sites or if we cannot get access to the track. For example the link is wrong, or it has changed or it’s password protected, if cannot access something we will try and let you know but we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to review everything before the closing date.
- King Kong Company, all 11 of us, will listen to the tracks and choose our favourite tracks to put online (yes that does mean by entering you give us the rights to put your track online; on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Spotify, Soundcloud & others)
- Each band member (onstage members and the team of visual designers, engineers and propaganda artiste) will all have 1 vote each (11 in total)
- The public will have a 12th vote
- The public vote is made by commenting, liking, sharing or retweeting the entries, which will be posted from King Kong Company on Facebook & Twitter from mid November
- In the case of a deadlock, the winner will be decided by an independent judge
- The voting will take place in January 2017
- The winner will be announced on January 31st 2017
- As well as providing proof of age we may also ask the winner for proof they produced the track.
- The prize is €1,000 in cash, paid via a bank transfer in March 2017, If you live abroad the value of this will fluctuate depending on the exchange rate. If you live in the UK at the moment and they go for a hard Brexit you might be able to live off this sum for many years.
- By entering you allow us to use your name and photo in promotional material
- We may want you do take part in some interviews and promotion to help get exposure for the track, but this will be agreed at the time.
- We will also return the favour and do any interviews, supply any photos etc. if you want us to do some promo with you (probably more relevant to International entrants, and those living in Leitrim).
- The track will go online in February 2017 and all revenues generated from it will be split 45%/45% between KKC and the winner. Please note this is a pittance (ie. a fraction of a cent per stream), the remaining 10% is how much we get charged for distribution.
- We will credit you and cite your artist name on sites where we host the track (ie. Spotify)
- We can change these Ts&Cs at any time, we’ll try not to but we can’t vouch for people trying to scam us.
- Please stay within the spirit of the comp, anyone who tries to cheat or deceive will be disqualified
Have fun and let us know how you’re getting on!